This recipe for Rosemary Roasted Potatoes makes the perfect weeknight side dish! Mini potatoes are seasoned with fresh herbs & spices and oven roasted to perfection.
Ingredients for Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Mini potatoes - I love using these potatoes for the fact that you don't have to peel them and they cook so quick! I often find them in the perfect 1.5-pound bag in the grocery store that are prewashed and ready to go. I like to buy the variety bag that has a mix of red and yellow potatoes.
- Butter - I toss the potatoes in melted butter vs. olive oil. The butter adds more flavor and helps the potato skins crisp up more than olive oil. Plus, it's butter. Need I say more?
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh rosemary - to remove the rosemary leaves from the stem, hold the stem near the tip and run your fingers down the stem. Doing this from the top down is the opposite way the leaves grow, which is essential for removing them. Still not sure? If you are trying this and the leaves aren't falling off, start from the opposite end. Easy fix right? When the leaves are removed, rough chop them with a sharp knife. Chopping herbs such as rosemary releases so much flavor and aroma as well as avoiding getting a big "needle" of rosemary in one bite.
How to Make Sheet Pan Roasted Potatoes
These Rosemary Roasted Potatoes are so simple to make! Spread the potatoes out on a baking sheet and drizzle with melted butter, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary. Give it all a good toss to make sure the potatoes are well coated.
Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. I like to give the potatoes a toss about halfway through. Let me tell you, these potatoes smell so good that it's good they only have to cook for half an hour!
A Quick, Easy Side Dish
I love easy side dishes like these Rosemary Roasted Potatoes that you can throw in the oven in a matter of minutes and move onto other things. I know how valuable the few hours at the end of the day are when your family can be together after a busy day of work, school and activities.
Sometimes cooking dinner can seem like such a daunting task, so recipes like these are a lifesaver. Serve alongside anything from chicken breasts to grilled steak or shrimp, these potatoes are an easy accompaniment to a busy weeknight meal. On the other hand, pair with a couple of eggs & bacon and these Rosemary Roasted Potatoes are also a great substitute to hash browns for a delicious breakfast or brunch!
Other popular potato recipes:
Have you made one of my recipes? I’d love your feedback on the comment box and star rating below the recipe!
Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
- 1.5 # mini potatoes
- 2 tbsp. butter melted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse and scrub potatoes, if necessary.
- Spread potatoes on sheet pan. Drizzle with melted butter, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary
- Bake 30 minutes, tossing halfway through, until potatoes are tender
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Helpful Equipment & Ingredient Links
- If some of your potatoes are larger, cut them in half so all your potatoes are about equal size.
- Perfect side dish for grilled chicken, pork or steak!
- These Rosemary Roasted Potatoes would also make a great hashbrown alternative for breakfast or brunch!