This shredded, fall apart Slow Cooker BBQ Ranch Chicken only requires 4 ingredients and is loaded with flavor. Serve this chicken on buns, wraps. flatbreads and more!
One of my all-time favorite kitchen tools is my slow cooker. I use it all year round making everything from Pot Roast, Beef Stroganoff, soups and even egg bakes. In the heat of summer, the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven to cook dinner. I can only eat so many salads and cold sandwiches so this is where a slow cooker comes in handy.
Life seems to slow down in summer with no school and fewer organized commitments, while at the same time speeding up trying to fit as much fun & time outside as possible before the leaves begin to turn again. I love the change of seasons, but summer just goes by too fast. Summer dinners tend to be on the fly in my house, being sure to not take any more time than need be. Instead, they are the delicious fuel to energize a few more hours of outside play before the sun goes down.
Another one of my favorite things about slow cookers is the ability "set it & forget it". Most slow cooker recipes just require everything to be thrown in and turned on. I love being able to say before lunch that dinner is prepped and cooking. This makes this recipe for Slow Cooker BBQ Ranch Chicken perfect for a busy weeknight meal. No more walking into the house at 5:00 and blankly staring into the fridge for something to make.
What You'll Need for Slow Cooker BBQ Ranch Chicken
No fancy ingredients are needed for this recipe. In fact, the recipe for this Slow Cooker BBQ Ranch Chicken only requires 4 ingredients!
- Chicken breasts - about 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Chicken broth - remember my trick for making your own?
- Dry ranch seasoning - the 1 oz. packet. These are one of the best store-bought shortcuts!
- BBQ sauce - use your favorite!
How to Make It
I'm happy to report that the process for making this recipe involves the same number of steps as ingredients: 4! You'll have dinner cooking in no time with this recipe.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour in chicken broth.
- Sprinkle in ranch seasoning and pour in BBQ sauce. Spread the BBQ sauce over the chicken breasts so they are completely coated.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. The chicken should easily fall apart and be juicy & flavorful. Place the chicken back in the slow cooker with the sauce.
How To Serve Slow Cooker BBQ Ranch Chicken
There are a ton of options for serving this Slow Cooker BBQ Ranch Chicken. Some ideas include:
- Pulled chicken sandwiches - use chicken as filling on a Kaiser or hamburger bun for a main dish option. Use smaller dinner rolls for the perfect potluck party sandwich! Top sandwich with your favorite creamy or vinegar coleslaw for a crunchy, tangy addition.
- Wraps or tacos - fill a flour tortilla with the pulled chicken mixture and top with diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro and ranch dressing
- Flatbread - brush some bottled BBQ sauce on a flatbread or piece of naan bread. Spread with some of the BBQ Ranch Chicken, red onions, pineapple chunks and cheddar cheese. Bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes. These flatbreads are a perfect dinner or appetizer option!
Can It Be Frozen?
Yes! Make a big batch of this Slow Cooker BBQ Ranch Chicken, portion it into freezer bags and store it in the freezer for later. When you need a quick dinner or appetizer, pull out a bag, defrost it in the microwave, and reheat in a saucepan on the stovetop until hot. Serve any of the ways listed above for a quick & easy meal!
Other quick meal ideas:
Black Bean & Sweet Potato Chili
Slow Cooker BBQ Ranch Chicken
- 2 # chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 oz. packet dry ranch seasoning
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a 4-6 qt. slow cooker & pour chicken broth around.
- Sprinkle with ranch seasoning and pour over barbeque sauce. Use a spoon to coat the chicken with the barbeque sauce.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Place back in the slow cooker with sauce. Serve warm.
Leave a Reply