How To Make Peanut Butter Pancakes
- Make the traditional Buttermilk Pancake batter
- Heat peanut butter in the microwave in 30 second intervals until warm and pourable. Mix into the pancake batter. This gives the pancakes their undeniable peanut butter flavor.
Heat griddle to medium heat. Grease griddle with small pat of butter. Using a ¼ cup measure, drop batter onto griddle to form pancake.
Cook 1 ½- 2 minutes until bubbles form over all of the pancake. Flip over and cook another minute or two until golden brown. Repeat until all the batter is used.
Simple Jelly Syrup
Now comes the tricky part. Just kidding. The topping for the Peanut Butter Pancakes could not be easier! Take your favorite fruit jam or jelly and place it in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals until warm and pourable. Use in place of syrup to top the pancakes!
Jam or jelly? Strawberry or grape? This all comes down to personal preference. Jams are made with chunks of fruit while jelly is made with the juice, and therefore will be smoother. I personally like to have the chunks of fruit so jams are my choice. As far as flavors, there are multiple options. Strawberry, mixed berry or grape are often the typical ones used in traditional peanut butter and jelly sandwiches but feel free to play around with different flavors to pair with the Peanut Butter Pancakes!
Are They Freezer Friendly?
Freezer friendly breakfast items are a lifesaver for busy mornings. At any given time my freezer is stocked with things like Baked French Toast Sticks, Buttermilk Pancakes and these Peanut Butter Pancakes. They freeze and reheat beautifully making them perfect for a busy weekday morning. Homemade pancakes aren't just for quiet weekends anymore!
To freeze the pancakes, take the cooled pancakes and place them in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. You can stack multiple layers as long as you put a piece of parchment paper between them to avoid sticking. Place the baking sheet in the freezer. Once the pancakes are frozen solid, move them to a freezer bag for storage. The pancakes will last 1-2 months in the freezer.
To reheat, place 3-4 pancakes in a single layer on a plate. Microwave for 45-60 seconds, or until warmed through.
Other popular breakfast recipes:
Have you made one of my recipes? I’d love your feedback on the comment box and star rating below the recipe!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes
- 1 batch Buttermilk Pancakes
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- your favorite fruit jelly or jam for "syrup"
- Prepare pancake batter according to instructions. Warm peanut butter in microwave in 30 second intervals until runny. Add to the pancake batter and mix well.
- Heat griddle to medium heat. Grease griddle with small pat of butter. Using a ¼ cup measure, drop batter onto griddle to form pancake.
- Cook 1 ½- 2 minutes until bubbles form over all of the pancake. Flip over and cook another minute or two until golden brown. Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Place your favorite fruit jam in a microwave safe container and heat in 30 second intervals until warm & runny. Use as a syrup to pour over the Peanut Butter Pancakes.
Helpful Equipment & Ingredient Links
- Keep finished pancakes in a baking pan in the oven on the "warm" setting while you finish all the batches.
- Some of my favorite jam flavors: strawberry, mixed berry or grape!