Ingredients for Breakfast Banana Splits
- Frozen strawberries - the flavor combination of strawberry and banana is perfect. If you happen to only have fresh berries, you will want to freeze them first.
- Plain Greek yogurt - I love the thickness of Greek yogurt. I use plain to lessen the sugar, but flavored could also be used.
- Honey - to add just a hint of sweetness to the frozen yogurt
- Bananas - perfectly ripe. Not too green, not too brown.
- Fresh berries - strawberries, blueberries and raspberries are my go-to
- Granola - your favorite store-bought or use my Homemade Granola recipe!
- Extra honey - for drizzling on top
Easy Homemade Frozen Yogurt
Use this method to create various flavors of frozen yogurt using only 3 ingredients: frozen fruit, Greek yogurt & honey!
To make it, place the 3 ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Place the mixture in a freezer safe container for freeze for about 45 minutes. You could go ahead and use the yogurt mixture right away, but placing it in the freezer for a bit will give it more of a "soft serve" feel.
Because of the high fruit content, this frozen yogurt will freeze very solid if left in the freezer longer than a couple of hours. If you make the frozen yogurt ahead of time or have some left over from another time, remove it from the freezer and allow it to thaw for about 30 minutes or until it is easily able to be scooped before making your Breakfast Banana Splits.
Assembling the Breakfast Banana Splits
These Breakfast Banana Splits come together in a cinch and I guarantee you can't mess them up! Start with slicing each banana in half lengthwise and placing it a plate. Top with 2 or 3 scoops of the strawberry frozen yogurt, just as you would ice cream on a regular banana split. Then top with mixed berries, granola and a good drizzle of honey. That's it! I told you that was easy!
Breakfast Banana Split Variations
These Breakfast Banana Splits are completely customizable. Switch up everything from the yogurt flavor, the frozen fruit or the fresh fruit topping to make a variety of different flavor combinations. This is also a great recipe that can get kids involved in the kitchen, and it's a bonus that it's healthy!
Yogurt flavor variations: use blueberry, raspberry, vanilla, honey, or even a strawberry banana flavored yogurt
Frozen fruit variations: use blueberries, raspberries, cherry or mixed berry
Fresh fruit variations: use blackberries, diced mango, diced kiwi, or pomegranate seeds. For a special treat, add some sprinkles or mini chocolate chips!
Other popular breakfast recipes:
Have you made one of my recipes? I’d love your feedback on the comment box and star rating below the recipe!
Breakfast Banana Splits
- 3 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 4 bananas
- granola store bought or homemade
- fresh berries like raspberries, blueberries & strawberries
- extra honey for drizzling
- To make the strawberry frozen yogurt, combine frozen berries, Greek yogurt & honey in a blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for 45 minutes until mixture just begins to harden.
- Peel bananas and cut each in half lengthwise. Place one banana (2 halves) on a plate. Top with 2 or 3 scoops of frozen yogurt, fresh berries, granola & a drizzle of honey. Serve immediately!